DONATE TO THIS
80 people are interested
Experienced Grant Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
80 people are interested
Who we are
Remineralize the Earth (RTE) is a Northampton, MA-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization engaged in a variety of projects both domestically and internationally that promote the use of finely ground rock dust and sea-based minerals to restore soils. Through our education and outreach, projects, research, and advocacy, RTE facilitates a worldwide movement that brings together gardeners and farmers, scientists and policymakers, and the public to regenerate soils and forests around the world, increase the nutritional quality and yield of food, and stabilize the climate through carbon sequestration.
We work with local and remote volunteers on our program management system called Basecamp. Our team is made up of federal work-study students as well as graduate students, researchers, experts and other professionals.
We have exciting projects developing in Spain and Brazil and are looking for funding for an educational resource area on our website for teachers and students. We are also focusing on capacity building and funding for projects ranging from local to global campaigns. Team members will be responsible for researching new grant opportunities, helping put together grant proposals and reaching out to potential large donors and grantmakers. Our grant writing team meets virtually every week for about 45 mins and works together as a team on Basecamp and Slack.
The Grant Writer will maximize financial support, seek foundation and government grants to support Remineralize the Earth's mission and goals. Grant writer would report to the team and executive director.
Volunteers are required to have access to high-speed internet and a computer or laptop.
Grant research and Grant writing
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop grant reports.
- Assist with preparing project budgets and writing budget narratives
- Research, identify and qualify funding opportunities.
- Initiate communication with the grant writing team
- Develop a deep understanding of organizational goals and program content.
- Oversee grants calendar and maintain up-to-date database records.
- Support RTE's fundraising initiatives.
- Develop materials that show the progress of programs for donor updates and ongoing communications.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2 years of professional grant writing experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of writing proposals, grants, and necessary research.
- A background in environmental science, sustainability and/or regenerative agriculture a plus.
- Proficient in digital tools and software (Google suite, Microsoft Office, project management software)
- A Commitment of 5 hours per week. The opportunity can be remote/virtual or local (Northampton, MA).
- 3-4 years of professional Grant writing and research experience.
- Able to analyze and synthesize data and information from multiple sources.
- Highly proficient in digital tools and software (Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Slack)
- A Commitment of 7-10 hours per week. The opportunity can be remote/virtual or local (Northampton, MA).
This is a great opportunity if you are professional in this capacity and want to expand your experience in the regenrative agriculture sector. We provide great recommendations for your efforts and accomplishments.
Submitting your credentials
Please email us your resume, portfolio and LinkedIn URL and let us know how many hours per week that you can contribute. Please list some good times to speak with you and we will get back to you with a schedule for an interview. Make sure to send your credentials to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Remineralize the Earth
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA
Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
5 More opportunities with Remineralize the Earth, Towards a Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Climate19 Reviews
About Remineralize the Earth, Towards a Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Climate
152 South Street, Northampton, MA 01060, US
Remineralize the Earth promotes the regeneration of soils and forests worldwide with finely ground rock dust as a sustainable alternative to chemical fertilizers and pesticides, creating fertile soils much as the Earth does. Not only do we need to recycle and return the organic matter to the soil, it is equally vital to return all of the mineral nutrients which create fertile soils and healthy crops and forests.
An international NGO that networks information and research on soil remineralization to gardeners, farmers, ecological activists, scientists, policy makers and the aggregate and stone producers whose by-product is a source of remineralization; to promote further research and projects, from small to large, cooperative to businesses that would benefit and create a healthier environment. We have a website with an online magazine, forum, research, and many other resources.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 17, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Must be at least 22
- 8+ hours per week