Bilingual Computer Lab Assistants are friendly, computer savvy volunteers that offer one-on-one assistance to library patrons that speak primarily Spanish or Vietnamese. Combine your computer skills and language skills to help library patrons use computers during a scheduled computer lab in one of our targetted languages.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Help library users learn to use basic computer functions such as setting up emails, filling out forms, accessing library account and using the Web. Good customer service skills are a must! Bilingual skills are needed.
Skills and Experience Needed
We are looking for volunteers with the following:
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use a keyboard, mouse and office products; proficiency with searching the Web, filling forms and email
- Fluency in English and either Spanish or Vietnamese
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with adults with a variety of skill and ability levels
- Ability to be flexible, patient, friendly and responsible
Schedule and Time Commitment
The time commitment is 2-3 hours/week for 6 months. Help with computer set up or take down computers before or after class is especially appreciated.
Bilingual computer lab assistants are needed at the following locations:
- Gresham Library: An English/Spanish speaking volunteer is needed Tuesdays or Thursdays from 4-7 p.m.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Adult Education
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours/week for 6 months or more