Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Read, Learn, Connect!
Multnomah County Library enriches lives by fostering diverse opportunities for people of all ages to read, learn and connect.
We believe in:
- The principles of intellectual freedom
- Respect for the public we serve
- Effective and efficient service
- Library resources that anticipate and respond to community interests and needs
- Friendly, inviting and safe facilities
- Professionalism and employee involvement with respect for the worth and ability of each employee
We are a public library system in Portland, Oregon with 19 library locations and numerous outreach programs serving Multnomah County residents.
The mission of the volunteer program is to engage community members in enhancing the services that Multnomah County Library is able to provide at library locations and in the community.Volunteers are engaged throughout the organization including at all of our libraries, the Title Wave Used Bookstore, the Isom Building and with our outreach programs. The library also provides a variety of opportunities for people to serve including shelving and checking in materials; teaching technology and other classes; providing outreach services to children and adults.