Do you have Thursdays free? If so why not bring a friend and join the Turning Points volunteer family and help in the laundry area. We need 2 very special volunteers who can receive, wash, dry, fold and re-bag client clothing. Additionally you will keep the area clean and orderly while making sure that all laundry is done before the next day. As a laundry volunteer you work closely with the Open Door Intake volunteers under the supervision of the Open Door Coordinator. This is one of the few volunteer opportunity where you set the pace and enjoy the down time with a good book, music or conversation. We have a fully equiped laundry facility which makes this a friendly area to volunteer.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One day for 5.5 hours. 8:30 am-2:00 pm
- Must be very organized, detail oriented and enjoy keeping a very clean and orderly laundry area
- Help us organize our donation...
- Graphic Designer
- Barber with a Heart
- Enjoy working with others?...
- Security Monitor
- Rewarding Volunteer Opportunity...
- Client Data Entry and Photo ID
- Bilingual Support
- Food Stamp Application Volunteer
- Shower Monitor
- One Stop Medical and Dental Clinic
- Do you have a great command of...
- Earn Student Volunteer...
- Laundry Attendent
- Master Bicycle Mechanic
- Sign Language Interpeter Support
- Do you have Administrative...
- Doctor, Turning Points Needs You!
- Dynamic Telephone Personality
- Volunteer One, Volunteer Two or...