Garment Repair Volunteer - Vintage Fashion Collection
DONATE TO THIS
104 people are interested
The Seattle Goodwill Vintage Fashion Collection contains vintage clothing and accessories dating back to the mid-1800s. Making history come alive is one of the ways Goodwill raises awareness of our job training and education mission. The garment repair volunteer will assist in repairing vintage clothing and accessories.
Project Scope/Primary Responsibilities:
- Study garments to determine required alterations.
- Alter garments and join parts by hand or using a sewing machine.
- Repair and replace zippers, hook and eye closures, buttons, snaps, linings, pockets, etc.
- Maintain garments drape and proportions as repairs are performed.
- Ensure proper handling of vintage garments and accessories in order to avoid damage.
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform repetitive fine motor functions
- Excellent garment construction skills
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of hand sewing techniques
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques
700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
Goodwill provides quality, effective employment training and basic education to individuals experiencing significant barriers to economic opportunity. Because jobs change lives.
Goodwill inspires hope and self-confidence, helping people from all backgrounds and walks of life to feel successful, valuable and dignified.
We'll work with your schedule.
1400 S Lane StSeattle, WA 98144
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Six month minimum commitment requested.
- Volunteers can also work on repairs from home.