Facilitate groups of non-native English Speakers who need to practice their English speaking skills. Provide a safe place for non-native English Speakers to come and speak English and learn new communication skills. The main focus will be to help the group develop a "community." It is not a classroom atmosphere/teacher-student. It is about people talking to each other. Secondary focus is to help the group develop language proficiency. Communicate with the program Coordinator regularly to go over concerns and to share experiences with other Facilitators. Attend biannual meeting to meet other Facilitators and to share experiences and get new ideas. Prepare weekly session plans using provided or other materials. Provide data on each session for tracking.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 year
- Citizenship Class Leader and...
- eDevice Technology Assistant -...
- Job Search Assistants
- Ambassador to City Hall
- Job Search Assistant-Computer
- Mindfulness Meditation Facilitator
- Speak English Facilitator
- Community Driver
- Interpretive Volunteer (Year...
- Document Conversion Specialist -...
- Victim Advocates Needed
- Computer Instructor-Basic Skills