DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Social Media Intern
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing food waste. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our donors to human service agencies, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reduced food waste. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 6 million pounds of food with an average of over 200% growth year over year.
COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on billions of people across the world and food insecurity within the United States is at an all-time high. Feeding America estimates that food insecurity within the US has increased by 7 million people since 2019, making for a painful total of 42 million people who struggle with food insecurity. Our branches across the country are continuing to rescue excess food and deliver it to our partner agencies to help meet this increased need. Despite the limitations and disastrous impact of COVID-19, RLC has been working harder than ever to overcome new challenges and ensure our community remains strong and diligent in the fight against food waste and food insecurity.Why RLC
- We’re passionate about food rescue and its potential to eliminate hunger
- We work hard, but we have fun doing it: monthly team-building activities, cooking competitions, and more!
- We aim high: we’ve grown every year, in terms of both new partners and pounds of food rescued, and we’re projected to continue that growth trend each year moving forward
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Social Media Intern is charged with leveraging social media platforms to spread awareness of food insecurity and promote the RLC brand in the local and online communities. They will help market new initiatives and events on social media networks. The Social Media Intern’s essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Posting content daily to various platforms
- Working with the graphic designer to develop content
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Developing online marketing strategies and tactical plans
- Collaborating closely with other Marketing team members
- Passion for mission-based work and interest in relevant business function; prior relevant coursework preferred
- Willingness to take initiative and collaborate with a team or manager
- Ability to work independently and persevere through ambiguity
- Eagerness to provide and receive feedback with an eye towards growth and development
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Comfort representing RLC and engaging professionally with stakeholders
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment and manage an evolving workload
- Familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g., Google Workspace) preferred
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect, and responsibility
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. However, you will receive a monthly $127 stipend to help cover your travel costs (if you are NY city-based) . Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, the start date is January 2022 with an end date in May 2022.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your resume along with a cover letter.
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004, US
To become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a non-profit food rescue organization based in New York City that provides solutions to prevent excess wholesome cuisine from being wasted. RLC provides services such as food waste consulting, excess food delivery, co-branding services, and tax credit assistance.
RLC approaches the two large issues of hunger and food waste in three main ways. First, we localize the issues into sets of communities that can help sustain themselves. After identifying the homeless shelters of a needy community, we proactively find restaurants, hotels, and catering companies with excess food in that vicinity that could help support these disadvantaged communities.
Second, we leverage technology to facilitate the identification and handling of excess food. Thus, these partner food providers will be using a smartphone application to report when excess food is occurring, and the same app is used to engage community members, because volunteering with us can be as easy as taking a brisk walk.
Third, we tackle food waste at its root, aiming to eliminate as much food waste as possible and bringing the remaining excess food to where it is needed most. The data of when food waste occurs is used in our analysis of what types of food waste could be avoided, and RLC suggests ways that partner food providers can reduce waste at its root.
Multiple locations New York, NY 10004
November 23, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, the start date is January 2022 with an end date in May 2022.
- This is a part-time, unpaid internship. However, you will receive a monthly $127 stipend to help cover your travel costs (if you are NY city-based)