Help us LOVE WITHOUT LIMITS the children of our community at our Annual Back-to-School Backpack Give Away Events.
Our goal is to provide children in need of our community who are enrolled in the West Contra Costa Unified School District from grades Pre-K-12 with the much needed resources to start their school year off. We need your help to assemble 1,000 backpacks full of school supplies to the children of our communities.
Energetic, determined and focused volunteers are needed to assemble with donated school supplies received from our Annual Back-to-School Supplies Collection Drive. Each volunteer will be assigned to an assignment and/or station needed.
Face masks covering nose and mouth must be worn at all times
Layered clothing you do not mind getting dirty is suggested
T-Shirts Short or Long Sleeves, Long Pants/Jeans ok (no holes)
Closed-toe comfortable non-skid shoes (Tennis shoes are acceptable)
Hair pulled back or secured under hat
Bring a lightweight jacket
No athletic wear, yoga pants, tank or midriff bare tops or shorts
INVITE FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU AND REGISTER HERE: https://bayarearescue2.volunteerhub.com/
Tue Aug 03, 2021-
08:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Visit this link to register:https://bayarearescue2.volunteerhub.com/event/78e2b8a6-58a8-4200-9f9d-666a627593f6
Tue Aug 03, 2021-
01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Visit this link to register: https://bayarearescue2.volunteerhub.com/event/8a129ce6-d9d7-4139-90a7-592e135005e9
NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
To provide for the emergency needs of the homeless and impoverished of the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. To provide programs designed to offer help and hope through education, job skills training, life skills and discipleship training, job placement, and transitional living while sharing God's great compassion for all man-kind. To offer charitable assistance to men, women, and children who are in great need throughout the world as resources allow. To inform the public about the plight of people in great need while presenting opportunities of involvement in caring for the homeless and impoverished.
(1) Homeless Services - 325 overnight shelter bed accommodations, approximately 1,000 meals provided daily
(2) Women's Program - 12-month life transformation program for women and families, academics including computer classes and GED preparation, budgeting and parenting skills, social skills development, Bible studies, job skills, computer aided learning, after-care transitional housing and program coordination
(3) Men's Program - 12-month life transformation program, academics including computer classes and GED preparation, Bible studies, social skills development, job skills training, job placement, budgeting, after-care transitional housing
(4) Food Pantry & Community Services - Over 300 food boxes provided monthly, housewares and goods distribution, Holiday food bags, inter-agency resource sharing
(5) Community Engagement - weekly and seasonal community distributions inclusive of food , goods, clothing, school supplies, Christmas gifs and more as available
Children & Youth
Education & Literacy
Homeless & Housing
Tue Aug 03, 2021
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
This opportunity has 2 shifts
123 MACDONALD AVENUERICHMOND, CA94801
July 20, 2021
Must be at least 12
Shifts are 4 hours
Please maintain COVID-19 Protocol by not attending this even if you have or have been exposed to anyone who has experienced Novel Coronavirus symptoms in the last two weeks. All volunteers must wear a face mask covering nose and mouth during event.