- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide an alternative pathway for those wanting to get involved hands-on with rescue, but cannot take on a full-time foster in the traditional sense. This role gives volunteers the opportunity to select a dog from the shelter and attend a scheduled Dallas Pets Alive! (DPA) adoption event in hopes of finding a foster/adopter for the pet.
- Selecting a shelter dog to attend an adoption event after proper approval by DPA leadership
- Transporting selected dog from shelter, to the adoption event, and back to shelter (if necessary)
- Maintaining the dog is comfortable and safe at the event
- Must be very comfortable and proactive in talking to diverse groups of people
- Able to communicate accurate information regarding the Dallas Pets Alive program and the selected dog to the potential adopter/foster
- Communicate clearly and effectively through email, keeping those required from DPA "looped-in" on the status of the dog at the event
- Providing necessary supplies (leash) to give to the adopter/foster if they do not have their own
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: This is a mostly in-person role with some online communication involved, and will have regular and continuous contact with shelter employees, DPA volunteers, and the general public. Contact with others will require a positive, professional demeanor. To be most successful at this role, the volunteer should enjoy socializing with all kinds of people in a polite but friendly manner.
CONTROLS OVER WORK : This position reports to the RAD Coordinator, Rescue Assistant Director, Rescue Director, Vice President of Animal Operations, & the Executive Director.
- Education and Experience: Must be 18 years of age with some related animal/rescue group experience.
- Ability to drive oneself to shelter and adoption event locations
- Must be very comfortable talking to people
- Must be comfortable handling dogs in a variety of public situations
- Able to contribute a full day, once a month to this position
Time Requirement: 7 hours a month.
Salary / Pay Rate: Volunteer
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
Based on EventDallas, TX 75212
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+