English Tutor - King County Job Training and Education Center
DONATE TO THIS
35 people are interested
Time: Thursday - 11 am 12 pm.
Position Description: Provide one-on-one and/or small group academic support to students in English as a supplement to classroom instruction. Tutoring sessions will occur outside of class time at a specified location within a Job Training & Education Center. Facilitate Rosetta Stone lab and assist students with assigned coursework, to increase student’s comprehension.
- Provide guidance and academic support to individuals or small groups
- Preparatory work before tutoring sessions: identifying current lessons from instructors and creating examples/activities (role playing, practice exercises, reading materials, etc.) based on lesson plan
- Walk through classroom activities and homework in various subjects
- Provide a wide array of examples, depending on the student’s learning style
- Other activities as needed
Reports to: Supervisor determined during interview process
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in basic education focused on adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
Goodwill provides quality, effective employment training and basic education to individuals experiencing significant barriers to economic opportunity. Because jobs change lives.
Goodwill inspires hope and self-confidence, helping people from all backgrounds and walks of life to feel successful, valuable and dignified.
We'll work with your schedule.
700 Dearborn Pl SSeattle, WA 98144
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 weeks, 1-4 hours per week