ESOL Instructor's Aide - Snohomish County Job Training and Education Center
DONATE TO THIS
38 people are interested
Support English Language Learners in Goodwill's ESOL classes. Volunteers with previous experience in ESOL preferred.
Mission: Seattle Goodwill provides quality, effective employment training and basic education to individuals experiencing significant barriers to economic opportunity. Because jobs change lives.
Position Description: Support Job Training instructors by providing an extra set of hands in the classroom. Assist with preparing the classroom and class materials, starting/ending class in a timely manner, helping with group activities, working with students who need extra guidance, and providing examples to students as needed.
- Preparatory work before/after class: making copies and setting up classroom activities
- Provide guidance and support to students working in small groups
- Participate in classroom activities and assist individual students during lessons and exercises
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Other activities as needed
Reports to: Supervisor determined during interview process
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in a classroom setting with adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
Goodwill provides quality, effective employment training and basic education to individuals experiencing significant barriers to economic opportunity. Because jobs change lives.
Goodwill inspires hope and self-confidence, helping people from all backgrounds and walks of life to feel successful, valuable and dignified.
We'll work with your schedule.
210 SW Everett Mall Way Suite DEverett, WA 98204
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- eight weeks minimum, 3 hours per week