Grant Writer | Development Associate
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Chicago Youth Shakespeare (CYS) is seeking a development associate/grant writer with experience securing foundational support for small to mid-sized non-profit organizations. The ideal volunteer(s) will have a passion for advancing arts programs that challenge and empower teenagers, and that build community across demographic boundaries.
A little bit about us:
In just 5 years,CYS programs have impacted over 7000 students from across the Chicago area. We have granted over $85,000 in need-based program scholarships - ensuring that young adults of every background and income level can participate, helped teens raise more than $4,000 to support arts programming in public schools, and CYS remains committed to bringing free Shakespeare performances and learning opportunities to hundreds of new students each year. We are making a big impact. What we're missing is big funding. The right volunteer could make a big difference. Visit www.chicagoyouthshakespeare.org to learn more about our programs and the difference CYS is making in the lives of Chicago teens.
- Meet with the artistic director and board members to gain a thorough understanding of the organization's mission, programs, goals, and funding history
- Draft grant narratives, assemble supporting documents, and submit grant applications (experience working with online grant application systems a plus)
- Maintain an updated spreadsheet of current funding opportunities and deadlines
- Research and identify potential funding opportunities
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Strategic Planning
- Arts Administration
- Theater Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Current resume or CV, 2 professional references, 1-3 writing samples