Let Us Help You Get Started
Tens of thousands of opportunities are available through our online network every day. Even if you already volunteer, chances are you'll find opportunities that you didn't know existed. Want to feed the hungry? Tutor kids? Deliver medicine to seniors? We can help you find a great place to volunteer!
Simple Steps to Get Involved
Follow these steps and you'll be volunteering in no time!
- Visit our Search page and enter your city, town, or ZIP code.
- Find a listing that interests you. You can either click on its title for additional details about the opportunity, or click on the name of the organization to learn about the volunteer organization and read any reviews or recommendations.
- When you are ready to commit to specific volunteering opportunity, look for the yellow 'I want to help' button.
- You will be prompted to register for a VolunteerMatch account if you do not already have one, and then an automatic email will be sent to the volunteer organization notifying them of your interest.
It's that simple!
Find the Right Opportunity
Now that you understand how our service works, make sure you find the opportunity that suits you best!
- Choose a cause that you're passionate about.
- Find an opportunity that matches your skills, interests, and schedule.
- Upload your volunteer resume to introduce yourself and showcase your skills to the nonprofit you'd like to volunteer with.
- Follow up promptly with the nonprofit after you've referred yourself to an opportunity.
Be a Great Volunteer
Part of having a great volunteer experience relies on your ability to be a great volunteer. These basic principles are good to keep in mind:
- Be professional.
- Honor your volunteer commitments.
- Extend gratitude to an organization for any training or professional development you receive while volunteering.
Read Our Newsletter for Volunteers
Want to learn more about volunteerism? Interested in what motivates people to give back to their local communities? We have the information you're looking for.
Your First Step To Making A Difference
At VolunteerMatch, we firmly believe that bringing together good people and good causes helps to strengthen our communities, and our Web service makes it easy find a place to volunteer. Ready to take the first step? Here are some tips.
What Our Members Say
VolunteerMatch members across the nation say our Web service has helped them to find the perfect volunteer opportunity. Their stories are both inspiring and educational.