Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Institute's mission is to improve the quality and availability of family practice services in response to the needs of medically underserved populations. In support of this mission, the Institute:
- Develops and operates health facilities on a family practice model integrating the work of a broad range of health professionals;
- Trains health professionals and other health care workers in the family practice model of care;
- Engages in health services research related to primary health care delivery and primary care education;
- Formulates health policy in support of its direct patient care and educational goals;
- Promotes the diversity of its workforce and provides an environment that encourages personal and professional development for all.
In our rapidly evolving health care system, the Institute's leadership will help to insure that future generations of needy New Yorkers have an opportunity to live longer, healthier lives.
The Institute for Family Health is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality and availability of family practice services to medically underserved populations. Founded in 1983, the Institute operates 16 full-time and 9 part-time federally funded community health centers throughout Manhattan, the Bronx, and the Mid-Hudson Valley in New York State, including a school-based health center and eight part-time sites that serve the homeless.
In addition to its clinical programs, the Institute trains health professionals through a tri-state faculty development program, engages in community-based participatory research related to racial and ethnic disparities in health outcomes, and works to promote the diversity of the healthcare workforce through its leadership in the New York State Area Health Education Center (AHEC) System.
- Chris Goodwin
- 212-633-0800 ext. 1364
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!