Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vision, Mission and Values
San Diego Mountain Biking Association (SDMBA) is an IRS 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit, charitable organization ( Tax ID# 20-1701837 ) dedicated to protecting and promoting mountain bike access in San Diego County. Our 20-year-old association was formed by a small and passionate group of mountain bikers. In 2013 SDMBA became a chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA). Today our 100% volunteer-managed organization continues to grow with over 800 members.
SDMBA envisions San Diego County as a home and destination with a rich network of sustainable trails and bike parks providing mountain bikers and other non-motorized trail users with recreational, athletic, and educational opportunities.
- Advocate for outdoor recreational access throughout San Diego County
- Foster respect for the environment and educate trail users in safe and appropriate mountain biking use
- Provide expert assistance in sustainable trail design, building, and maintenance
- Work with other trail user groups, land managers, and policy makers to develop fair and responsible policies governing the use of public and private lands
SDMBA provides a unified voice for trail users in public land use policies favoring sustainable outdoor recreational opportunities. Liaisons, trail builders, and other advocates seek out and build harmonious unified alliances and partnerships with businesses, land managers, and communities. Specialized volunteer-run programs support this mission and further inspire youth to explore and learn about nature and become its future stewards.
VALUES: Access, Community, Responsibility
- Advocating for sustainable, multi-user trails that provide San Diegans with diverse opportunities to experience nature.
- Building collaborative relationships with all groups and constituencies that support our Mission
- Protecting and promoting trail access through communication, education, and actions.
- Fostering life-long cycling skills, understanding of safety, trail etiquette.
- Promoting fitness, athletic awareness, and camaraderie in the outdoors for all levels of cycling ability.
- Welcoming, developing, and inspiring a diverse and active membership base reflective of our community.
- Abiding by IMBA’s 6 'Rules of the Trail’:https://www.imba.com/sites/default/files/Team_IMBA/RulesOfTheTrail.pdf
- Minimizing environmental impacts of recreation while maximizing access
- Riding on open trails only, fostering respect and dialogue with land managers, and having and empathy for other trail users.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!