Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Monroe County Right to Life
An Affiliate of Right to Life of Michigan
Monroe County Right to Life is an affiliate of Right to Life of Michigan and shares its vision to protect the precious gift of human life from conception to natural death.We are a group of volunteers that composes a nonpartisan, nonsectarian, and non-profit organization committed to educating Monroe County residents about the tragedy of abortion and promoting pro-life issues within our community.
- Promotes awareness in the community of pro-life issues.
- Provides literature to people or groups wishing to distribute information on life issues.
- Sends qualified speakers to schools, churches, civic groups, etc.
- Monitors public libraries for pro-life books and pamphlets.
- Appoints representatives to churches in the area to promote pro-life awareness within the church community.
- Refers distressed pregnant woman to counseling centers and pregnancy service groups to find non-violent solutions to their problems.
- Writes letters to local groups to speak out against actions that do not respect the dignity of human life.
- Responds to editorials in the newspaper in order to support our pro-life stance.
- Holds monthly meetings.
- Works to promote pro-life legislation and the eventual overturn of Roe vs. Wade.
- Monitors state and federal legislation regarding life issues.
- Writes letters and makes calls to U.S. congressmen/women and state legislators to seek support in promoting pro-life laws.
- Meets with state legislators at least once per year in Lansing on Legislative Day.
- Works with Right to Life of Michigan and with our U.S. Congressmen/women and state legislators in enacting strong pro-life legislation that protect the unborn, the ill, the handicapped and the medically dependent.
- Participates in the Monroe County Fair. Sets up a yearly booth at the fair and organizes a "Right to Life Baby Contest."
- Organizes a yearly fund raising dinner, where pro-life experts and activists speak about right to life issues.
- Holds a yearly prayer vigil in January, marking the tragic anniversary of Roe vs. Wade.
- Distributes roses on Mother's Day to thank mothers for the gift of life.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!