Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Suncoast Epilepsy Association, Inc. (SEA) is a private non-profit organization committed to assisting people affected by epilepsy through a variety of community based services: striving to reduce barriers and providing the opportunity for clients to attain their maximum potential. Through education and community service, SEA is committed to preventing the development of epilepsy and seizures whenever possible.
The principal purposes and objectives for which SEA operates are:
- To disseminate information about the causes of epilepsy and its consequences and about the prevention of the condition to persons with epilepsy, their families and the general public
- To further public information about epilepsy and persons having epilepsy by all reasonable means
- To assist individuals with epilepsy and their families, as appropriate, in securing information, diagnosis, treatment, education, habitation services, advocacy and, employment so that they can achieve their full potential through existing public and private programs and by developing new programs
- To coordinate, within Pinellas and Pasco Counties, the dissemination of information to the general public about epilepsy in an effort to improve the public image and enhance the potential of all persons with epilepsy
- To coordinate and work with any health, welfare, education, or other relevant national, state and local organizations or agencies having similar purposes, or whose activates would further the purposes of SEA
- To promote, within area assigned, the development of facilities and services for effective treatment and rehabilitation of person with epilepsy
- To receive funds for the above purposes
- In general, to do all things necessary to effect any or all of the aforesaid purposes to the extent permitted by law, recognizing that the first responsibility of SEA is to the persons with epilepsy
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!