Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of GRCD-Nepal is to encourage and invite international volunteers to contribute in the community development, and nature conservation activities of the Nepalese people. Through work camps and village-based programs, international volunteers promote mutual friendship and solidarity in addition to enriching their own experiences and making meaningful contribution to Nepalese communities.GRCD-Nepal offers significant abroad opportunities for volunteers to boost significant knowledge, experience and expertise in education, health, environment, and community development issues through international volunteering. We hope to achieve this goal by offering community orientated volunteer programs where the efforts of our volunteers go directly to the underprivileged people and their communities.
Our volunteers are supposed to be active community workers who support the programs and activities of the organization by undertaking a variety of jobs and responsibilities such as working in orphanages, teaching English in schools, working as community health workers in health institutions, working in environment conservation sector. Provide volunteers with the opportunity to visit the main tourist sights and exchange cultural experiences.
Other benefits that GRCD volunteers enjoy include discounted rates to many Nepali attractions such as Trekking, Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Jungle Safari, Mountain Flights and much more
The main objectives of GRCD are to:
- Raise awareness on HIV and AIDS in the community, and provide different life-skill training, medication and counselling services to the people living with HIV and AIDS;
- Provide non-formal education to illiterate, widowed and underprivileged women and men, and provide them vocational trainings such as handicraft, cookery, etc.
- Raise awareness on environment, drugs, health and hygiene issues and advocate for the protection and promotion of the rights of women and children.
- Inform and educate to the volunteers about the sangria-la and cultural heritage of Nepal by providing them observation opportunities.
- Coordinate with Social Welfare Council (SWC), District Development Committee (DDC), Municipality and Village Development Committee (VDC) for the placement of skilled and semi-skilled volunteers in schools, orphanage, health-post, library, and inform them about the art and culture of Nepal.
- Arrange sponsorship to poor, talent and Dalit student.
Introduction of GRCD(Volunteer Organization based in Nepal)
Global Rural Community Development (GRCD), Chitwan (located near to Chitwan National Park in Nepal) is a not-for-profit, non-partisan, and secular volunteer organization registered at District Administration Office (DAO) in 2008 and affiliated with the Social Welfare Council of the Government of Nepal in same year.
Since its inception, GRCD has been running volunteer programs for rural community development support and cultural exchanges. The major programs of GRCD which are available year-round include English teaching, orphanage, conservation work, health and sanitation issues, and so forth as per the interest of volunteers.
- Global rural community develpment,Nepal GRCD
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!