Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NFTE provides entrepreneurship education programs to young people from low-income communities. NFTE's Vision: Every young person will find a pathway to prosperity. NFTE is a credit bearing course offered in Middle School and High Schools throughout Dallas ISD and Irving ISD.
Through entrepreneurship education, NFTE, which is also referred to as Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, helps young people from low-income communities build skills and unlock their entrepreneurial creativity. Since 1987, NFTE has reached more than 230,000 young people, and currently has programs in 22 states and 12 countries outside the U.S. NFTE has more than 1,300 active Certified Entrepreneurship Teachers, and is continually improving its innovative entrepreneurship curriculum.NFTE's Core Values
How We Do It
NFTE achieves its mission by:
- Creating engaging, experiential curricula and tools to improve academic, business and life skills
- Training and supporting teachers and youth professionals
- Partnering with schools, community-based organizations, and post-secondary institutions
- Offering volunteers meaningful opportunities that connect students to real world experiences
- Linking the educational and business worlds in the classroom and beyond
- Providing services to program graduates
- Demonstrating outcomes of entrepreneurship education through research
- Building public awareness to expand entrepreneurship education
Guiding Principles: What We Believe
- Entrepreneurship can be taught to young people. The NFTE experience helps young people from low-income communities develop their individual skills and talents.
- Entrepreneurship connects young people from low-income communities to the school, the community, and the workplace. The NFTE experience involves experiential learning that is relevant to the real world.
- Entrepreneurship empowers young people to build a vision for the future. The NFTE experience helps young people explore new opportunities and explore career and educational aspirations.
- Karen Ezell
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!