Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
APPRISE is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for all Medicare beneficiaries and Pennsylvanians age 60 and over. The Pennsylvania Department of Aging created APPRISE to help Pennsylvanians understand their Medicare and other health insurance benefits and assist them in making sound decisions about what is best for them.
APPRISE counselors are specially trained volunteers. They can answer questions about Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, Medicare Advantage Plans and prescription benefits. These counselors have direct access to state and federal resources. They can:
• Help you understand your Medicare benefits by explaining which services are covered under Parts A and B and your Medicare Summary Notice.
• Help you make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, including the Medicare Advantage options.
• Help you understand the Medicare appeals process and assist with appeals paperwork.
• Help you select a Medigap insurance policy.
• Explain to you financial assistance programs that may pay for your Medicare premiums, deductibles and copays and subsidies that can provide you with your prescriptions.
• Explain the Medicare Prescription benefit.
• Make presentations on Medicare to your organization.
- Elizabeth D'Angelo
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!