Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
As the New Jersey State Naval Guard, the NJNM-Joint Command is responsible for aiding in Homeland Security Operations and Disaster Recovery. "Provide trained and ready components of the State Defense Forces to respond to the call of the Governor in the event of a natural disaster, manmade disaster, terrorist event, domestic disorder, and request for assistance from civil authorities, public service support or other missions as directed by the Governor or The Adjutant General."
Missions conducted by the NJNM in support to Rescue and Recovery Operations of the World Trade Center as a result of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001.
- Waterborne security at the bases of the George Washington Bridge.
- Daylight vessel traffic control on the Hudson River, north of the George Washington Bridge
- Standby vessel for search and rescue detail Coast Guard Station Sandy Hook, NJ
- Transport of military personnel and equipment from NJ to North Cove (Ground Zero)
- V.I.P. Transportation and Security detail for Liberty State Park tribute events during October 2001
- 192 days of water-borne security assisting naval personnel at Naval Weapons Station Earle
- 180 days of continuous daylight patrols assisting the NJ State Police at Salem Nuclear Generating Station, Salem, NJ
- Assisted with Security in Jamaica Bay, NY during the aftermath of the crash of Flight 194, Kennedy Airport
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!