Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Puente Resource Center provides vital services for men, women, children, and families living in the South Coast communities of Pescadero, La Honda, Loma Mar, and San Gregorio. Puente provides food, clothing, rental and utility assistance; literacy programs for English and Spanish learners; enrollment in health insurance programs; educational health outreach, screening, and immunizations; parenting education and support programs; and counseling and peer support for adults and children. Puente also works with farmers, ranches, and nursery owners to promote a sustainable agricultural economy on the South Coast. Puente is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Puente de la Costa Sur serves a geographically isolated region located on the south coast of San Mateo County. The service area, the South Coast of San Mateo County, covers about 160 undeveloped square miles, including the unincorporated areas of Pescadero, San Gregorio, La Honda, and Loma Mar. Located fifty miles south of San Francisco, the region is isolated from the San Francisco Peninsula by the rugged Santa Cruz Mountains. Most of the individuals and families served by Puente are Pescadero Mexican farm and nursery workers from the rural areas of Oaxaca, Guanajuato, Michoacan, and Jalisco, and their families, as well as the region's low-income Anglo singles, seniors, and familes.
Here are some of our current volunteer needs:
- A person to help summer youth workers to develop their resumes
- A tutor for history (in English) in the afternoons, once or twice a week
- A tutor for literacy (in Spanish) in the morning one or two hours a week
- A tutor for GED Science (in Spanish)
- Friends to attend La Sala on Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon to play board games, assist with ESL, and more
- Hands to assist with food distribution in La Honda and Pescadero (4th Thursday of each month)
- Hands to assist with minor carpentry and other repairs
- Hands to assist with yard maintenance
- Friends to serve on Puente committees: fund development and South Coast health
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!