Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Direct Action Welfare Group's vision is the end of poverty in West Virginia. In order to make this vision a reality, we advocate with low-income families for economic justice.
Direct Action Welfare Group believes....
- Poor people of West Virginia can stand together as an organized community to fight against discrimination and the suffering of poverty.
- No matter how poor you are you have a voice and rights as a human being.
- Every individual should be treated fairly regardless of race, creed, nationality, income, sexual orientation, religion, gender, age, or educational level.
- Access to services and assistance is a right and not a benefit
- Everyone has the right to a good education including post-secondary education, medical, dental, and vision care, a job at a living wage, affordable childcare, decent housing and adequate food and clothing.
- Every mother should have the option to choose to stay home and care for her children or work
Direct Action Welfare Group Inc. (DAWG) is a statewide organization comprised of public assistance recipients, low wage workers, and people in poverty organizing to create postive change in West Virginia.
- Evelyn Dortch
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!