Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Direct Action Welfare Group's vision is the end of poverty in West Virginia. In order to make this vision a reality, we advocate with low-income families for economic justice.
Direct Action Welfare Group believes....
- Poor people of West Virginia can stand together as an organized community to fight against discrimination and the suffering of poverty.
- No matter how poor you are you have a voice and rights as a human being.
- Every individual should be treated fairly regardless of race, creed, nationality, income, sexual orientation, religion, gender, age, or educational level.
- Access to services and assistance is a right and not a benefit
- Everyone has the right to a good education including post-secondary education, medical, dental, and vision care, a job at a living wage, affordable childcare, decent housing and adequate food and clothing.
- Every mother should have the option to choose to stay home and care for her children or work
Direct Action Welfare Group Inc. (DAWG) is a statewide organization comprised of public assistance recipients, low wage workers, and people in poverty organizing to create postive change in West Virginia.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!