Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the French & Indian War Society is to support and promote awareness, understanding and appreciation of the French & Indian War and its significance to the history of the Lake George/Lake Champlain/Hudson River region. To encourage archaeological and historic research, conservation and preservation for the benefit of the local community and general public.
The Society has several goals:
- Provide education to the public about the French & Indian War. This is accomplished through school visits and outreach programs focused on grades 4, 7 and 11, to stimulate student interest in the area’s historical significance and continuing education such as the Summer History Lecture Series held in August each year.
- Establish and expand research and storage facilities to collect, study and protect the artifacts of the era. Include in a new building, a library to be used by scholars and the public to study this historic period.
- Work with other area historical groups. The Society encourages research on land and underwater sites significant to the French & Indian War conducted by professional archaeologists.
- Set up new exhibits and promote events that help to educate the general public about he significance of the history of Lake Champlain and Lake George
- Initially concentrate efforts on the geographic area between Fort Edward and Fort Ticonderoga including the important waterways and route used during the War.
FRENCH AND INDIAN WAR SOCIETY accepts donations. Donate Now.