Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Animal Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization operating Nevada’s largest open-admission animal shelter (Lied Animal Shelter) and pet adoption center. Founded in 1978 as a small, low-cost spay and neuter clinic, The Animal Foundation quickly picked up speed and, soon after opening its doors, began offering adoption services.
Over the past 35 years, growth has been a constant. Today, The Animal Foundation operates and manages an 8-acre Las Vegas campus that houses a multitude of services and provides a refuge for more than 45,000 lost, unwanted, neglected and abandoned animals every year.
To eliminate the tragedy of pet overpopulation, The Animal Foundation believes community is essential, education is empowerment and action is everything. Our mission is to inspire, educate and empower people to join the fight against pet overpopulation.
- Passion and commitment to saving and improving the lives of animals.
- Commitment to excellence, quality care and adherence to best practices in the field of animal welfare.
- Transparency and the open sharing of accurate, complete animal sheltering data and statistics.
- Acknowledgement that the euthanasia of healthy and treatable animals is the unfortunate responsibly of our agency that we neither desire nor seek. We believe that the euthanasia of healthy and treatable animals is a community-wide problem requiring community-based solutions. We are also committed to humanely administering euthanasia in a manner that is done with compassion and preserves the dignity of the animal.
- Community partnerships are essential. No one organization or type of organization can achieve the goal of saving all healthy and treatable animals and that the true solution is to work together and find common ground.
- Accountability to the citizens of the Las Vegas Valley and our obligation to upholding the public trust through ethical behavior, the fiscally responsible administration of resources, and being environmentally responsible.
- We believe in responsible pet ownership that includes the following responsibilities for caring for a pet: proper spaying and neutering, adequate living and exercise conditions, socialization and training, proper pet identification, and access to veterinary care and medical attention, including appropriate vaccinations.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!