Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Harbor View Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) is a non-profit organization comprised of parents, faculty, staff and community members which supports Harbor View Elementary School (our local, public school) by raising funds to provide supplemental teachers and educational programs, facilities improvements, and equipment and supplies for the classrooms.
Due to the generousity and ongoing fundraising efforts of parents, staff, faculty & the community, the PFO has been able to provide:
- 6 Supplemental Staff including PE, Technology, Science
- Science Lab
- Stocked Art Room
- Computer Lab
- Class Act (Music Program)
- Art Masters (Students get exposure to some of the greatest Artists of all time along with hands on experience creating their own art just like the Masters.
- Walk Through Programs (American Revolution, California, etc..) A great program that takes the kids through various aspects of history in a fun and memorable way.
- On going teacher training not funded by the district
- A Spring and Fall Teacher Distribution of $7 per student allowing teachers the funding to keep their classrooms stocked with needed items & learning tools.
- & more...
Harbor View has approximately 450 students. It takes around $260,000 above state funding each year to keep these programs and supplemental staff at the school.
Due to the extra effort, money raised and phenomenal teachers, Harbor View has earned the following accolades:
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Hubbard's Top 5 in the District
- California Distinguished School
- OC Register Gold Medal School
- California Business Excellence in Education
- API 930
- Sandra Carlisle
- (949) 689-0934
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!