Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Committed to the People Committed to the Community
Dr. Venessa Walker, D.C. (known as Dr. V.) was born in Montego Bay, Jamaica and raised in Miramar. She is a chiropractic physician, entrepreneur, minister, philanthropist, and life coach who is passionate about Miramar. As a resident and small business owner in Miramar, Dr. V has a vested interest in Miramar’s economic growth and quality of life for its residents. Her own business, Walker Chiropractic and Wellness Center, specializes in improving health outcomes for its patients.
As an active resident and community servant in Miramar, Dr. V co-founded the Owen Walker Jr. Foundation, a non-profit (501c3) organization that provides aid to and promotes excellence in youth through higher education assistance, mentoring, and health education. Dr. V also actively participates with several services organizations, including but not limited to:
- The Links, Fort Lauderdale Chapter,
- The Urban League of Broward County Young Professional Network,
- County Line Worship Center Church of God (as a Youth Minister),
- Leadership Broward Class XXXIII,
- the Boys and Girls Club Craver Ranches (as a Board Member), and
- Miramar’s Planning and Zoning Board (as chairperson).
Dr. V is a graduate of University of South Florida with a Bachelor’s Degree in biomedical science. Immediately following her undergraduate studies, Dr. V enrolled in Palmer College of Chiropractic in Central Florida where she earned a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree at the age of 25.