Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (MCAH) Bureau of the Solano County Health and Social Services Department will assess, develop, preserve, and improve access and services for women, infants, children adolescents, and families in our communities. The Bureau promotes wellness and prevents disease, injury, and violence through advocacy, outreach, resource development, education, and collaboration with Department and community partners. The Bureau embraces the public health principles of assessments, assurance, and policy development.
MCAH is a bureau of the Solano County Health and Social Services department. Our program goals include:
1. Assure quality, comprehensive and coordinated perinatal care is accessible to Solano County residents.
2. Assure quality, comprehensive and coordinated reproductive care is accessible to all women of childbearing age.
3. Reduce Infant Morbidity and Mortality.
4. Reduce intentional and unintentional teen pregnancy.
5. All children in Solano County will have access to preventive health care services.
6. Reduce morbidity and mortality from pediatric injuries.
7. Families will live in violence free home environments.
8. Solano County will become a breastfeeding environment where women are encouraged and supported to breastfeed. The MCAH Bureau will continue to collaborate with the Breastfeeding Task Force to recommend policies and influence policy decisions that support breastfeeding.
We accomplish these goals through the following programs:
Baby First Solano
Prenatal Care GuidanceAdolescent & Family Life Planning Black Infant Health Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program: Fetal & Infant Mortality Review Information about these programs can be found here: http://www.co.solano.ca.us/depts/ph/mch/
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!