Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission: The mission of the Council on Aging is to improve the quality of life for seniors utilizing advocacy, benefits enrollment, civic engagement, education, outreach and training. The agency vision is a community where seniors receive optimal benefits and are engaged in all aspects of their housing, civic, social, mental, financial and physical well being, without fear or intimidation.
In response to a growing aging population that is uninformed and under-served with multiple unmet needs, The Council on Aging (COA), Inc. developed the Senior Outreach Services (SOS) Program. COA has successfully performed grassroots outreach through the SOS Program for over 12 years, and in 2012 the title of the SOS Program was changed to Senior Benefits Enrollment & Outreach Program to include enrollment in the SNAP /Food Stamp program via the online COMPASS system. The Senior Benefits Enrollment & Outreach Program utilizes a group of senior adult volunteers to accomplish the following program objectives:
1. To go into target communities, to identify frail, isolated, uninformed and underserved senior adults;
2. To assess the needs of frail, isolated, uninformed and underserved senior adults;
3. To disseminate and explain aging information to frail, isolated, uninformed and underserved senior adults;
4. To enroll and connect frail, isolated, uninformed and underserved senior adults with needed public benefits and community services.
5. To overcome barriers or resistance to utilization of needed public benefits and community services; and
6. To advocate as needed for the expansion of public benefits and community services where gaps exist.
- Diane Williamson
- Need admin access?