Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission is to ease the burden of the cancer journey by providing free temporary lodging to patients and families
Healing Cancer One Night At A Time
Friday Harbour is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to healing cancer one night at a time by providing
housing to patients and families seeking care at cancer centers located in the Texas Medical Center.
- We were established to find and fund places to relax while on the mend.
- Through Fall of 2015, we have provided over 1,200 nights of free accommodations.
- Our 2016 goal is to exceed 1,200 nights.
How We Do It
- Taking referrals from a family’s hospital assigned social worker or case worker
- We help to enable the healing by providing 1-3 nights of lodging per patient/family
- Hotels are conveniently located in the Texas Medical Center/Hospital.
- Space is first come first served, and the patient need is determined by the social/case worker