Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Tarrant County Homeless Coalition's mission is to provide leadership in the prevention and eradication of homelessness in Tarrant County.
The Tarrant County Homeless Coalition, a not for profit 501 c (3) organization, is the regional planning body that coordinates housing and services funding for homeless families and individuals in Tarrant and Parker Counties. The TCHC is led and governed by a volunteer board of directors, comprised of a diverse representation of homeless service providers, government, corporate, and philanthropic leaders in the Tarrant County community. We are the lead agency in the Fort Worth/Arlington/Tarrant County Continuum of Care as designated by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Since 1995, Tarrant County, through the TCHC's efforts has received over 60 million dollars in its fight against homelessness in our area, as well as increased education and advocacy addressing homelessness and poverty issues to the public.
In addition, The Tarrant County Homeless Coalition...
- Advocates for the homeless residents of Tarrant County
- Monitors and reports on the extent and nature of homelessness in the community
- Is one of the leading partners in the implementation of the City of Fort Worth and Arlington's 10-year Plans To End Chronic Homelessness
- Creates opportunities for the homeless to participate in public discussion on solutions to barriers faced by the homeless
- Connects citizens to opportunities assisting the homeless
- Facilitates interagency collaboration, creativity, and innovative solutions toward the effective delivery of supportive services to the homeless
- Provides year-round training to nearly 100 case managers, social workers and program staff who work directly with the homeless
- Provides ongoing information, research, analysis and advocacy to support the efforts of homeless service providers and local government policy initiatives that directly impact the homeless
- Recognizes case managers through our "Case Manager of the Year" Recognition Program
- Provides programs like the "Caring Capacity Fund", a micro-grant program for case managers
- J.C. Christian
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!