Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Initiate and monitor the performance of research for treatment and cure of Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR), Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA) and Takausu's Arteritis (TA). Enter into performance based research contracts with established, highly reputable research facilities; work in conjunction with scientific and professioal communities; develop, collect and disseminate informaation to an uninformed public throughout the world; establish Support Groups nationwide; build a large membership base that demands to be heard in the medical/scientific world including the halls of medical education; construct and manage an informational data base; establish programs to achieve and maintain financial self sufficiency.
Establish a partnership with Youth Volunteers to work with the over 50 age group. To encourage the development of entrepreneurial talents; to learn thorugh action the maaning of philanthropy; to encourage development of community and social responsibility; to develop characteristics requisite for outstanding citizenship; to fund scholarships for Youth Volunteers.
National Medical Research Foundation (NMRF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Chandler, Arizona. NMRF is dedicated to finding a cure for the autoimmune diseases of Polymyalgia Rheumatice (PMR), Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA) and Takausu's Arteritis (TA).
- There are 135 million "at risk" in the United states alone
- 1 in 143 acults over the age of 50 will be stricken by PMR,GCA,TA or all three (NIH statistic)
- There is no known cure
- Treatment of choice is prednisone (a steriod with many negative side effects)
- Little, if any research is being done
- Remove one from the work force, often permenantly
- GCA can lead to irreversible blindness
Brief activity outline:
- Design and implement special fund raising projects
- Establish and monitor Patient Support Groups
- Disseminate information to an uninformed public
- Fund research
- Award Youth Volunteer Scholarships
- Establesh large membership base to provide a voice that "demands" to be heard
- Promotion and Public Relations activities
- Edward C. Reiter
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!