The Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Sports & Recreation
Location6401 South Custer Road, #200McKinney, TX 75070 United States
To be an integral part of elevating the beauty and appeal of our great city to the highest levels by showcasing the premier flowering plant of the South throughout our community in a thoughtful and meaningful manner and by promoting McKinney Texas as America’s crape myrtle city!! We are a Non-Profit 501 (C) (3) Status.
- Provide civic pride in beautification through the planting of thousands of crape myrtles within the more than 100 square miles within McKinney’s city limits.
- Encourage travel and tourism to McKinney by providing dozens of miles of crape myrtle plantings along our major thoroughfares and throughout our public, school and industrial properties.
- Be home to "The World Collection" Park in which all known varieties of crape myrtles will be planted and studied side-by-side. This collection does not exist anywhere else in the world.
- Continual development and improvement of our World Collection Park!
- Promoting and funding strategic plantings of Crape Myrtles in key venues throughout the City!
- Continuing to award cash grants to the Physical Education Departments of McKinney schools to promote the health of our youth!
- Growing the positive impact our annual event contributes to our city’s culture and tradition!
- Providing Crape Myrtles to 5th grade students of McKinney Schools the Friday immediately prior to Mothers’ Day to take home to Mom!Continuing to promote McKinney as America’s Crape Myrtle City and to be a special "piece in the puzzle" of McKinney’s continued and improving national recognition!
Would you recommend The Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney?
0 reviews Write a review