Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Third Gear Youth Leadership Organization AfterSchool Program is to serve as a "safe haven" for at risk kids. 3rd Gear motivate young adults, ages 13-23, especially the economically poor who are "at risk", to mature into responsible, productive adults through self-direction. To empower and "wake-up those who sleep in the grave of ignorance". To teach them to fight for better schools, communities and a "better day"! Our youth are screaming for help and no one is listening to them. 3rd Gear will give the voice to the un-heard. Our priority is to develop leaders from the communities. .
Program Name: Third Gear Youth Leadership Organization)
Focus: At-risk low income youth in The North Lawndale Community-Chicago, Illinois
President: Linton JohnsonVice President: Mary Moor
ExecutiveDirector: Darlene Demarcko
Executive Secretary: Sandra Kelley
Address: 3333 West Arthington Ave. Chicago , IL 60624
Phone Number: 773-826-5789
Fax Number: 773- 773-826-5789
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule: Monday thru Friday / 3pm to 7pm
Ages: 12 to 23
Capacity: 20 students per class
Setting: Homan Square / 3 rd Gear Headquarters Child-focused in all activities
- Reinforce academic skills through hands on activities
- Create a supportive environment in which children can develop independence and life-skills
- Build leadership skills and confidence levels of children in the program
- Provide activities that complement the school day
- Reinforce family values and emphasize the uniqueness of each child by providing appropriate
- Provide an entrepreneurial year round program
- Activities: Basket Ball, Goju-Kan Karate, Art and Sewing, Piano Lessons, and Driver's EducationArt Tutoring/Mentoring, Music, Drama, Sports, Community Service Projects, Local/Out of Town Travel, Cheerleading, volleyball, wrestling, and inline hockey
Field Trip Destinations: Third Gear has traveled to 45 cities so far
Slogan:"If you can believe it, you can achieve it" I Know I Can!
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!