Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
HEALING OUR YOUTH GET EDUCATEDHEALING OUR YOUTH GET EDUCATED
Our Mission: To educate teachers, school staff, parents and youth workers on mental health and mental disorders so that youth with a mental health issue can be identified early, receive help and have better outcomes. Read more
Our Mission: To educate teachers, school staff, parents and youth workers on mental health and mental disorders so that youth with a mental health issue can be identified early, receive help and have better outcomes.
Healing Our Youth: Get Educated! is a youth mental health educational program whose purpose is to educate the adults who are most involved in the lives of youth (school employees and parents) so that these adults can identify mental health concerns in youth early, which will hopefully lead to earlier treatment of mental disorders and lead to decreased morbidity and mortality caused by mental disorders.
We present monthly in the community and in the schools.
* To decrease the stigma surrounding mental disorders
* To create conversation around mental health
* To increase mental health education in our schools and community
* To increase access to mental health care
* To reduce the morbidity and mortality of mental disorders in youth through early diagnosis and early treatment
* To reduce the number of youth suicides through early diagnosis and early treatment of mental disorders