Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Communities Investing in Families (CIF) is dedicated to helping communities promote and sustain economic stability for families in Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine Counties of East Central Minnesota.
Our goal is to ensure that families have access to transportation, housing, jobs, education, and community support.
We work through a strong and vibrant network of employers, faith partners, civic groups, governmental organizations, educational institutions, and many concerned individuals.
Communities Investing in Families serves Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine Counties. CIF currently offers these programs and services:
1)Car Donation program is to provide a solution for addressing the transportation needs of those on public assistance, the low-wage working poor, and those who are disabled. Through the donation of reliable used vehicle (including cars, trucks, and vans) our program matches eligible clients with donated vehicles as an approach to reducing transportation related barriers to work and to enhance overall mobility. As a result of this program, eligible families will be given the opportunity to do the following:
Receive a donated vehicle
Learn basic car maintenance
Improve spending and learn budgeting skills
Gain or maintain employment
Have adequate transportation for medical, dental or other appointments
Drive children to quality child care
Have the ability to participate in community and after-school activities
2)Ways to Work offers families who have no credit or a damaged credit history an opportunity to receive up to a $4,000 loan to purchase a vehicle, or up to $750 for vehicle repairs from one of our partnering financial institutions. Families will be given the opportunity to do the following:
- Obtain free credit reports and credit scores
- Build and improve credit histories
- Maintain employment
- Improve spending and budgeting skills
- Have adequate transportation for medical, dental, or other appointments
- Drive children to quality child care
- Have the ability to participate in community and after-school activities
3) CIF's Financial Literacy Classes: "More Money-More $ense" provides useful information to help families survive or avoid personal financial crisis. Free 2-hour session are offered at multiple locations in Pine, Isanti, Chisago, Mille Lacs, and Kanabec Counties. Topics include:
- Understanding Your Credit Report and Score
- Preventing Identity Theft and Fraud
- Debt Collection Practices & Your Rights
- Tips for Budgeting and Smarter Shopping
- Where to Go for Help
To reserve a seat or schedule a class, please contact us at: 320-384-6722.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!