Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Copley Family YMCA is dedicated to improving the quality of human life and to helping all people realize their fullest potential through the development of spirit, mind, and body.
The major goals of the Literacy Program are:
- to help children improve their reading skills
- to make reading fun and rewarding
- to foster independence in reading and academic pursuits
- to enhance children's confidence and self-esteem
- to encourage good character development in all participants
- to serve as many children as possible, to the best of our abilities
The Literacy Program is a free tutoring program that serves elementary-school students, regardless of income.
There are three facets of the Literacy Program:
- One-on-one tutoring, in which a volunteer tutor meets with the same student at the Copley Y for one hour every week for a period of 12 weeks
- Homework Club, in which a volunteer tutor works with a small group of students at the Copley Y
- Afterschool group tutoring, in which a volunteer tutor works with a small group of students at elementary schools in the City Heights area.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!