Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Harbor hospice is committed to providing comprehensive, competent, quality care optimizing comfort and dignity consistent with the patient and family needs and goals. With the patient's needs and goals as priorities, we seek to ensure, without discrimination, the dignity, comfort and choices of the patient/family/caregiver in timely, well-coordinated end-of-life care which includes bereavement and counseling support.
Volunteers are literally, the heart of Harbor Hospice, providing a special kind of caring and compassion for our patients and their families. As a volunteer for Harbor Hospice's patient services, you, "do good" every day. It takes a special, caring person to give of themselves as unselfishly as a patient care volunteer. If you'd like to be a part of the Harbor Hospice team, here are some examples of the activities you can assist with:
- Reading to a patient, or holding a hand
- Staying with a patient while family members take a needed break or keep an appointment
- Shopping or doing errands for a patient
- Helping patients write or tell life stories
- Light household chores
- Providing help with makeup and hair
- Veterans needed to honor Veteran patients at bedside/share stories together
- animal therapy
- Music therapy
- Working on crafts or other projects
- Photography (family photo) "photos of love"
- Clerical and other office duties
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!