Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Project Linus is comprised of hundreds of local chapters and thousands of volunteers across the United States. Each volunteer and local chapter all work together to help us achieve our mission statement, which states:
First, it is our mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."
Second, it is our mission to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.
"The best kind of sleep under heaven above, is under a blanket handmade with love"
Project Linus is a non-profit organization. Therefore, we are heavily dependant on the generosity of the local community at large for our success.
Please consider donating your time, talents or sewing fabric and equipment to Project Linus. Here are some suggestions on how you or your organization can help make a difference in a child's life.
- Quilt (hand or machine, quilted or tied), Knit, Crochet of tie a fleece blanket.
- Sponsor a fundraiser "For the Benefit of Project Linus". It can be a car wash, bake sale or a competitive raffle between grades or schools.
- Hold a yarn or fabric drive.
- Sponsor a "Make A Blanket Day" amongst your peers, classmates or church group.
- Spread the word about Project Linus. Get your friends, neighbors, relatives and fellow co-workers or church members involved.
- Recommend us for a booth at a local function to help us advertise.
- Purchase gift certificates at craft and/or fabric stores or office supply stores.
- Donate any "extra" child friendly fabrics or yarn lying around the house.
- Ask your employer for a donation to Project Linus.
Donation guidelines require checks to be made payable to:
Project Linus National Headquarters
Be sure to indicate on the bottom of your check the name of the chapter you are supporting. 80% of the donation will be held on reserve for the chapter, and 20% will be retained for use by National Headquarters to be used at the discretion of the board of directors.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!