Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nationwide grass roots, self-help, support, education and advocacy nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all those affected by mental illness. This includes individuals diagnosed with mental illness; family members, relatives, and friends; mental health professionals and all those who share NAMI's vision and mission.
The growth of our local NAMI chapter, NAMI Queens/Nassau, parallels the growth of NAMI on the national level. Since 1980 our membership has grown to 500+ members, and we are the second largest NAMI affiliate out of 55 in New York State. NAMI Queens/Nassau services include:
- 5 Day a Week Help Line
- Support Groups for Families and Individuals with Mental Illness
- Family-to-Family Education Program
- Monthly Educational Forums
- Bi-Monthly NAMI Queens/Nassau Newsletter
- Advocacy Leadership and Networking
- The Friendship Network
- The "Breaking the Silence" School Education Project
- Speaker's Bureau
- Amy Lax
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!