Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota is the driving force in the mentoring movement; bringing together diverse individuals and organizations to connect caring adults with a generation of kids in mentoring relationships. Our commitment to youth is to make mentoring more mainstream in Minnesota.
What We Do
- Recruit caring adults to become mentors, as well as find mentors for young people
- Provide training, support, technical assistance, information and referrals on mentoring
- We offer local and national connections to community leaders who can speak on mentoring issues
- Educate the public on the importance of mentoring
- We help shape public policy to increase funding and support for all mentoring programs
- We provide resources on how to initiate and maintain a mentoring program
- We provide an interactive website to connect mentors and young people to mentoring programs
Why We Do What We Do
Mentoring Works! Young people who have mentors have a better chance of succeeding and are more likely to make positive choices. Yet, in Minnesota there are an estimated 280,000 at-risk young people who need and could benefit from an adult mentor.
Our Strategic Plan
The start of 2008 was the beginning of a new strategic plan. Our plan outlines aggressive goals, demands more measurement accountability, and formalizes our focus areas.
In the next four years, MPM will focus on three key strategic areas: Increase and support quality mentoring, Champion and promote the value of quality mentoring and Generate sustainable resources to further the mentoring movement.