Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota is the driving force in the mentoring movement; bringing together diverse individuals and organizations to connect caring adults with a generation of kids in mentoring relationships. Our commitment to youth is to make mentoring more mainstream in Minnesota.
What We Do
- Recruit caring adults to become mentors, as well as find mentors for young people
- Provide training, support, technical assistance, information and referrals on mentoring
- We offer local and national connections to community leaders who can speak on mentoring issues
- Educate the public on the importance of mentoring
- We help shape public policy to increase funding and support for all mentoring programs
- We provide resources on how to initiate and maintain a mentoring program
- We provide an interactive website to connect mentors and young people to mentoring programs
Why We Do What We Do
Mentoring Works! Young people who have mentors have a better chance of succeeding and are more likely to make positive choices. Yet, in Minnesota there are an estimated 280,000 at-risk young people who need and could benefit from an adult mentor.
Our Strategic Plan
The start of 2008 was the beginning of a new strategic plan. Our plan outlines aggressive goals, demands more measurement accountability, and formalizes our focus areas.
In the next four years, MPM will focus on three key strategic areas: Increase and support quality mentoring, Champion and promote the value of quality mentoring and Generate sustainable resources to further the mentoring movement.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!