Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the organization is to provide all Savannah and Chatham County citizens, within constitutional limitations, fair housing services that will result in the protection of equal housing opportunity from discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, familial status or disability. Located at 7 Drayton Street, Suite 206, in historic Savannah, GA, members and staff of the Council have taken a leadership role in eradicating housing discrimination in our community.
* Investigate cases of allegations of housing discrimination on the basis race color, religion, sex, disability, family status or national origin.
* Negotiate settlement agreements between consumers and providers.
* Educate housing providers and housing consumers of the fair housing laws.
* Educate the community about myths and facts related to housing.
* Work with other federal, state, and local agencies to implement fair housing laws and policies.
* Refer individuals with nondiscriminatory housing concerns to agencies that can provide help.
* Monitor compliance of housing providers (realtors, apartment managers, management companies, advertisers) with the letter and spirit of fair housing laws.
* Publish a quarterly newsletter to provide the community with a better understanding of fair housing and to inform the community on what is new in fair housing.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!