Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Chicago Federation of Labor (CFL) Workers Assistance Committee is dedicated to developing and strengthening the skills of Chicagoland workers to fulfill the needs of area employers and vitalize the local economy.
The Chicago Federation of Labor (CFL) Workers Assistance Committee is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, developed, sponsored and endorsed by the Chicago Federation of Labor (CFL) in 1994 with the express purpose of identifying displaced workers and assisting them in finding new employment. For nearly 15 years, the CFL Workers Assistance Committee has helped thousands of workers - union and nonunion - experiencing layoffs and plant closings access training, support services and new employment opportunities.
As stated in our mission, the CFL Workers Assistance Committee focuses on meeting the needs of businesses, jobseekers and incumbent workers. We have successfully delivered employment services for nearly 15 years in the City of Chicago and suburban Cook County. The primary goals of our programs are to promote self-sufficiency of our customers by facilitating the activities needed to achieve self-sufficiency and to offer demand-driven services to both businesses and job seekers. For the CFL Workers Assistance Committee, self-sufficiency means our clients acquire and maintain full-time employment paying a livable wage with benefits and opportunities for advancement and life-long learning. The strategies employed to achieve these goals include:
- Establishing strong relationships with our jobseekers and business clients.
- Thorough up-front assessment and screening of both the jobseeker and business needs.
- Effective career planning and goal setting with jobseekers based on labor market data and current/future trends.
- Leveraging resources from other programs and our partners to provide support services.
- Encouraging our clients to value and pursue life-long learning.
- Kristen Roberts
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!