Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Colorado State Science Fair, Inc. honors excellence in science, engineering and technology; providing opportunities for students from all regions of the state to create and present their research in environments that nurture interests in science and technology; promoting professional skills, high ethical standards, diversity and continuing intellectual development.
The Colorado State Science Fair, Inc. is an organization that:
- Organizes the infrastructure of the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair for students from all regions of the state of Colorado to present science projects to judges, representatives of scientific organizations, the public, and their peers;
- Honors winners from Colorado regional science fairs at the annual Colorado Science and Engineering Fair;
- Sends finalists from the state of Colorado to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF);
- Provides experiences for Colorado students to interact with their peers, with Colorado science teachers and Colorado scientists and engineers in professional and social settings;
- Promotes science, engineering and technology as careers, inspiring excellence, high ethical standards and emphasizing the immense satisfaction that comes from confronting and solving intellectual problems and serving societal needs;
- Reinforces in students the wonder nature instills, wherever and however possible empowering them to follow their questions and dreams; and
- Encourages a culture that values and nurtures diversity.
We support regional science fairs by:
- Acting as an alternative to the Science Service affiliation as a means of attending the Intel ISEF;
- Providing a forum where regional science fairs can influence policies, rules and by-laws for the state science fair;
- Providing rules and requirements for participation in the Colorado Science and Engineering Fair;
- Facilitating communication, where practical, between regional science fairs and their participants;
- Providing information and resources to the regional fair directors, teachers and students which will promote interest in science, engineering and technology, and excellence in scientific research; and
- Increasing public awareness and appreciation of science, engineering and technology in the schools.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!