Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To lessen the burden, reduce stress, keep the family intact, and enhance the quality of life for families whose children face health issues, the RMHC provides affordable housing and meets other critical needs in a caring home-like atmosphere.
How We Fulfill Our Mission:
- Our House provides shelter and services for entire families 365 days of the year.
- We provide shelter for up to four family members in private rooms with baths, plus access to kitchen and laundry facilities, a playroom, wi-fi, and other amenities.
- We often provide a meal a day for every resident. These are made possible by generous donations of time and food, and are prepared by community volunteers; we have food supplies available for snacks and other meals.
- Shuttle transportation is available to and from the hospital for our residents, provided by UVA.
- We offer a host of services and activities to make the stay as enjoyable as possible for all members of the family.
- We provide the opportunity for families to connect with those who care and understand what they are going through, including families with similar concerns.
- We partner with community and corporate sponsors to fund the portion of each night’s stay not covered by the family’s contribution.
RMHC treats all people fairly without regard to income or ability to pay, race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, political affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability or handicap, housing status, marital status, veteran status or membership in any other group or class protected by applicable laws and regulations.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) corporation, creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. Its programs are grassroots-driven to enable the Charity to offer help where children need it most - right in their own communities. RMHC makes an immediate, positive impact on children's lives through its global network of local Chapters in 52 countries.
The Ronald McDonald House of Charlottesville (RMHC-C) provides a temporary home-away-from-home for families whose children are receiving treatment or care for serious health issues or injury at medical centers in Charlottesville. These families live at least an hour away from the medical aattention that is essential to their child's health, and may need to be in the area for an indefinite length of time.
- Morgan Layne-Hippert
- Need admin access?