Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission Statement Rogers County Literacy Council is a private nonprofit organization which provides volunteer tutors to Rogers County Residents, age 16 and older. Tutoring is provided to develop reading, writing, and numeracy skills up to an eighth grade level. English as a Learned Language (ELL) tutoring is provided to improve fluency in both spoken and written English. The personal literacy goal of each student is considered and integrated in tutoring goals.
Founded in 1985, RCLC is a 501c3. We are funded by donations and grants. We tutor one on one and offer small groups led by volunteers and grant funded classes.
We teach basic English and English as a second language for adult learners who want to:
- Learn to improve their reading skills for home or work.
- Prepare for GED, or employment, or citizenship.
- Improve their life skills through better understanding.
We train volunteer tutors to:
- Understand the learning process.
- Recognize and overcome some of the common learning stumbling blocks.
- Use teaching tools to keep it rewarding for everyone.
- Edel Godwin
- 918 277 4331
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!