Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ellis Equestrian Center wishes to reach he surrounding communities so every household will engage in one or more initiative of Equestrian and environmental stewardship in their daily lives. Our misson is to provide Kendall county residents with equestrian educational and recreational opportunities that will connect their life and activities with environmental stewardship. It is our sincere and earnest goal to provide a quality place for visitors of all types, equestrian and non-equestrian, to learn about horses in a safe, fun environment.
- Daily handling and care of horses.
- Maintaining a neat stable area, including house keeping & janitorial duties.
- Cleaning bathrooms, lounge, office, feed room, tool rooms & barn area
- Cleaning stalls, shed & paddocks.
- Cleaning tack & other equipment.
- Safely handling, haltering and leading horses in the manner prescribed by staff.
- Identifying individual horses in groups in large pastures and stable area.
- Interacting with the public, providing information on programs and safety precautions.
- Preparing horses for lessons.
- Grooming, saddling & bridling horses
- Assisting students.
- Follow instructions; work individually and as a team with other volunteers.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Hay bales, wheelbarrows, 5-gallon water buckets.
- Various stable duties involve lifting.
- Maintaining grounds.
- Cutting brush.
- Picking paddocks.
- Assisting with fence repair and construction.
- Assisting with Greasing mechanical equipment.
- Performing other daily chores on the volunteer chore list.
- Ellis HouseEquestrian
- (815) 475-4035
- Need admin access?