Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
ACSI's goal is to advance and strengthen Cobb County communities' capacity building. ACSI connects volunteers aged 55 and over with service opportunities in their communities that match their skills and availability. ACSI's chief focus is to tap into the invaluable lifetime of experience these older Americans have to share and provide a portal between them and the communities in which they live. Through ACSI every man, woman, and child has the opportunity to experience quality social lives through advanced education, health and wellness programs, environmental solutions, and compassion, tolerance, and peace.
ACSI's volunteers work in teams, building affiliations, lasting friendships, and mutual support. Volunteers can move in and out of options as their circumstances and interests change, and as the community's needs change. These volunteers provide guidance, training, and community connections that include, but are not limited to:
Ø Counseling families
Ø Mentoring/Tutoring student and youth
Ø Job placement/Business advise
Ø Community working and organizing
Ø Home & hospital visitations (compassion care)
Ø Environmental solutions
Ø Facilitating/Training sessions
ACSI volunteers represent a diverse population of financial, age, gender, physical ability, ethnic, and racial backgrounds, yet they share a common desire to make a difference in the lives of those in their communities.
ACSI is currently forming partnerships with senior citizens, professional businesses, faith-based institutions, government organizations, and investors. We urge and invite you to join us in creating communities where older Americans are acknowledged and honored, and where their services are a valuable, sought after resource.
ACSI's missions are guided by the following principles:
1. ACSI emphasizes action and results based on careful research and analysis of a community.
2. ACSI does not duplicate the effective efforts of others.
3. ACSI addresses difficult problems and recognizes the possibility of failure as an acceptable risk.
4. ACSI is non-partisan and does not associate with political parties.
5. ACSI believes that communities can improve their capacity and their ability to improve the lives of it's members when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge, and resources.
Needs/Benefits: ACSI responds to the challenges a community faces such as:
- Elderly care in nursing homes or private resident.
- Youth/Adult partnerships.
- Family counseling.
- High school drop outs.
- Economic and social development.
- Academic success for its students.
- Environmental concerns.
- Stanley Miano
- (678)524 6933
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!