Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to give children and young people the resources and opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and self-respect that empower them to become full productive members of society through education, cultural enrichment and social service.
- NAEYC accredited Pre-School and After-School and Summer Enrichment programs help more than 700 children from 18 months to 12 years of age
- The Harbor Science and Arts Charter School is one of New York's first charter schools. More than 200 students are enrolled in grades 1-8.
- Emily N. Carey School is an independent high school founded in 2005 for students who have not found success in other schools.
- The Harbor Conservatory for the Performing Arts serves the Harlem community and the greater metropolitan area with high caliber training in music, dance and drama. The Conservatory is also home to the Raíces LatinMusic Collection, the largest multi-media collection documenting the history of Afro-Caribbean Latin music in New York City and an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.
- The Harbor Literacy Center provides comprehensive literacy training and mathematics tutoring to more than 150 students throughout all Harbor programs.
- All students have access to our Harbor Social Services programs which support and empower individuals and families with special needs. In addition to individual and group counseling and peer groups, our Genesis Program offers afterschool programming to teenagers that feature alcohol and substance abuse prevention, and workshops that enhance family cohesion.
- Harbor Family Horizons, provides in-house and home-based counseling and case management that helps to prevent children from being placed in foster care.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!