Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Wild horses have value; they hold great economic, historic, environmental, scientific, cultural and esthetic value, and above all, each one of their lives has value.
Ours is an entirely volunteer based organization, so 100 percent goes toward saving the Salt River wild horses, every single penny.
- Fence fixing in order to keep horses from getting hit on the roads:
- The rescue and veterinary expenses of the injured baby Salt River wild horses
- Environmental Assesment (EA): Our environmental assesment will give a fair assessment of the benefits and effects on their environment and will likely help other herds as well.
- Legal fund: Our lawsuit against the Forest Service cost $17,000 dollars, and we have to be prepared to activate it all over again in case the FS or Ag department ever make the wrong decision again.
- Humane birth control program: Our humane program is the reason why the Forest Service rescinded the impound notice. influencing herd behavior.
- DNA research on the herd’s genetics to prove their Spanish bloodlines.
- Public education campaign: Our public education campaign is why you know about the Salt River wild horses.
- Toni Cassar
- (480) 270-2567
- Need admin access?